Our decks can be built in any size you want.
We offer FREE deck designs with material lists to make it very easy for you to build your deck yourself. Sienna brown pressure treated and MoistureShield composite decking are your best choices.
10 Considerations When Building a Deck:
- Check with your local building department before building your deck.
- Make sure you follow the proper guidelines as indicated in your local by laws e.g. if attaching a deck to your home, there may be height restrictions and approved fastening procedures.
- Ensure that you do not disturb any underground utility lines, or restrict access to them. Please call for hydro and gas inspections prior to digging.
- Decide if this is a project you want to build or have Merrett Home Hardware Building Centre install it for you.
- Consider future uses for your deck, like adding a hot tub or building a pergola etc.
- You may also want to add railings to your deck.
- Decide what materials you want to use e.g. treated, spruce, or cedar decking or you may consider using composite for durability.
- If using wood, you may want to use one of the many finishing products (stains etc.) from Home’s selection.
- Adding a deck to your home also adds value to your property.
- Having the right tools make the project easier… don’t forget our complete line of rental tools!